A core philosophy of Smith & Nephew is healing through understanding.
It is for this reason we have developed a national series of wound management, casting, and compression courses. We feel that when you learn best practice in key indications (e.g. diabetic wounds), and understand how to use our products most effectively you achieve better healing outcomes and cost savings because the patient recovers faster.
Leg Ulcer Seminars
Leg ulcers form a large component of the chronic wound group. Accurate assessment is essential to clarify the underlying aetiology, to facilitate implementation of the most appropriate pathway for treatment to optimise healing. The Smith & Nephew Leg Ulcer Seminar is designed to provide an overview of the primary leg ulcer types and a clinical profile of each leg ulcer type including:
- pathophysiology of the aetiology
- predisposing factors that may lead to the aetiology
- assessment and investigative pathways
- clinical profiles and descriptors of each leg ulcer type
- management pathways to optimise healing
- a summary of management pathways, as endorsed by The International Leg Ulcer Advisory Panel
- Product profile (includes expanded information on compression therapy related to venous leg ulcers).
The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia Continuing Professional Development Registration Standard states "One hour of active learning will equal one hour of CPD." 1
All nurses and midwives must meet the continuing professional development (CPD) standards.
Each hour of this seminar is equal to one hour of CPD. This seminar runs for 6 hours.
Reference 1: Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. Continuing professional development registration standard. Accessed 27 July 2013.